Thursday, June 17, 2010

Help my dog keeps on chewing his hair away?

my dog has a bold spot on his butt. he never stops iching



Help my dog keeps on chewing his hair away?

I would first take him to the vet just to make sure his anal sac glands are not the problem. If that is not the problem I would switch his food, he may have an allergy to that. Good luck.



Help my dog keeps on chewing his hair away?

well, why not buy a flea powder to kill those fleas that keep him iching.....so that he'll stop chewing his hair...



Help my dog keeps on chewing his hair away?

hello....i work for the rspca...i see this all the time...is he chewing it but pulling fur out at the same time ? to the point where you can here is teeth shudder together?...is he rubbing his back end of walls?...if so he needs his anal glands empyting this happens a lot to terriers and smaller dogs..it doesnt cost a lot and it takes 2 seconds...call your vet and they will also give him some cream for his bold spot x hope i helped xx



Help my dog keeps on chewing his hair away?

It could be a food allergy. I would slowly change his food to something with no grains. If you are still having problems then change the meat ingredients until he gets relief.



Don't let your vet put your dog on any Hills prescription food.



Help my dog keeps on chewing his hair away?

Use food grade diatomaceous earth on his fur. If there are parasites of any kind causing the irritation this will kill them. It totally worked on my cat's fleas. It is 100% safe and registered as an organic product.



www.perma-guard.com



Help my dog keeps on chewing his hair away?

It's a diet %26amp; nutrition problem. My guess is that you've got your dog being fed the most 'convenient' thing for you to obtain and probably something that you can 'afford'. Sorry to say that you'll have to upgrade whatever you are feeding your dog to something better ... it might even take the best there's out there to buy ... it might take something better than that, maybe a breed appropriate diet because some dogs now days just don't tolerate commercial made products.



Course then there's folks out there that feed a good dog food but then give the dog the same brand out of a can (I would never) or give the dog treats on the side (there are healthy alternatives). So I don't know what your situation is .. you know what they say - you are what you eat (same for dogs). And stop by the vet to make sure what they call a secondary infection hasn't started to form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans