Thursday, June 17, 2010

My dog changes behavior after haircut?

My one year older dog doesn't like haircut, but we had to send her to have her hair to be cut. The groomer cut her hair really really short. After back to home, she seems totally different as before. She doesn't want to go out and move like before. She bits her tail everytime she walks now. Seem very strange. Any idea?



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

If the dog was matted, there's no other choice BUT to shave them really short. The clipper blades will not get through the coat if they are matted to the skin.



Matts are heavy and pull at the skin. They are painfull and leaving them on the dog will also cause skin problems. Also..leaving a dog long and allowing it to get matted in the winter will not keep the dog warm..when the dog gets wet, the skin underneath all those matts can take DAYS to dry...leaving the dog cold and damp. Your dog is probably feeling a little different (and MUCH better) with all that weight and discomfort gone. His tail feels alot lighter and she is probably trying to figure out that that is. LOL Give it a day or so and the dog will be back to normal.



I would suggest you getting your dog on a monthly grooming schedule so the dog does not get matted again and the groomer does not have to take the dog down so short. But a longer cut means more combing on your part.



You didn't mention what type of dog you have but, most breeds with continually growing hair (Shih's Poodles, Lhasas, Schnauzers, Maltese etc) should be groomed every 4-6 weeks with daily combing at home. Every 2-4 weeks max for dogs in full coat.



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

Just like anybody who gets a big haircut. It's itchy, and her body temp. is a little lower. She can feel the breeze more now, and she's probably a little freaked out.



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

Maybe the hair cut is too short. You know how you feel when you get a bad hair cut. Try a different "style", not so short.



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

My dog does that. I think he acts funny about his tail because he can feel it tickling his back (he has a curly tail). My aunt's dog gives her "the cold shoulder" for a day or so after a haircut.



Your dog might feel "naked" wihout her fur. It would probably feel really weird to be all furry and then not be.



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

this happened to my cousin's golden when they got her shaved last summer b/c her fur kept getting all matted. after the "haircut" she was very insecure for a few days and had trouble sitting down b/c i think she used to judge where things were based on when she felt her fur touch them and when she was shaved she had no warning... i think she felt naked. i can't explain it any other way but i've seen it happen too.



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

shes cold, so used to having a big coat on, yano



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

well shes probably kinda scared b/c she doesnt have the weight of her hair on her, and she is also probably self concious (yes dogs get self concious)



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

she might not like her new smell. Dogs can smell 9 times more than humans; what smells "good" to us (the shampoo) can be "bad" to a dog.



Also, dog skin isn't made to be bathed as often, and some are sensitive, so if the detergent is too strong or used too often, it makes them itch.



Try switching groomers, grooming less often, or asking for a different shampoo.



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

unbelievably, the dog probably feels embarrassed. animals have feelings don't forget. he or she misses their hair, so they are rebelling against you. after he/she gets comfortable with it, they act normal again



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

The reason is probably the groomer, take your dog to a different grooming salon, and see what happens.We get alot of new customers saying the same thing.Also they may have clipped her tail alittle or didn't rinse off all shampoo.



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

Grooming is very stressful for some dogs. When you get home, wrap her in a blanket and hold her for as long as possible. This helps to soothe my dog.



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

I'm not sure why dogs do this but my ex-boyfriend's shiba Ina acts weird when he gets groomed as well. Usually when I would go over there he would come running to the door to greet me but after he gets a haircut it is almost as though he feels like he looks stupid so goes and hides! Then after I have been there awhile he would come back out...it was the funniest thing!!! But your dog is probably doing this because the cut probably itchs! my lab scratchs a lot after he has been groomed! Your dog will be fine:)



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

i once had a dog that would do that but she was mad that we had her hair cut and would not get near the one that took her to the vet to get her hair cut nor the one that picked her up at least for a week.



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

Dogs chew and bite themselves because stress he/she does not like the hair cut.A change in the way you look can be weird.Like if you have long hair and you shave yourself bald and don't like the change it can be stressful.



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

Mine does too! I think she is embarrassed. You should try telling her that she's beautiful so that she will feel more confident. Dogs are just like people



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

She might have clipper burn if they cut her to short.Also she might be embarsed by her haircut.tell how good she looks



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

almost inposibble



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

My dog does that too. It's because their embarrassed and feel awkward about themselves.



My dog changes behavior after haircut?

use a drop or two of lavender oil near her bed..that should help calm her down

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans